A million thanks to Style Summit Africa for nominating The Africanista for the Blogger Recognition Award. Truly honored. Great to know that this site is being read across the globe and appreciated by many.
Style Summit Africa is indeed a portal with great updates on trending fashion, style and entertainment as well. You should also check it out!
In accordance with my nomination, here are the stipulated Rules that I am to follow:
Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
Write a post to show your award.
Attach the award to the post.
Give a brief story of how your blog started.
Give a piece of advice or two to new bloggers.
Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them & provide a link to the award post you created.
What Inspired the birth of ” The Africanista” :
- A renascent love for African fashion and a passionate need to spread indigenous designs and their highly creative designers across continents.
- A desire to inspire self and others in creating style and uniqueness using home grown fashion as a bench mark.
- A need to reach the world through the eyes of Africa and nurture a greater love for it’s fashion brands and labels within self and among others.
- The endeavor to entrench an often ignored fact; ‘It does not have to be exotic to be top of the line trendy’.
- A dream to give budding talented fashion designers a voice and a grand show case.
My advice to bloggers:
Set high standards for your blog. Don’t be afraid to do what everybody else isn’t doing. Also, center your blog idea on a subject you are inwardly stimulated about. Be creative with your writing and show love to to your guests.
Thanks once again for being nominated and a loud shout-out to all my followers for being the best!
In no particular order, these are my own nominees for this award: